Top 10 reasons why you shouldn’t skip your mammogram this year:
10. When you visit Radiology Associates of Hartford, most appointments will take less than 30 minutes. Considering the drive through line at Dunkin Donuts, that’s pretty quick!
9. Connecticut law requires insurance companies to cover screening mammography. Don’t waste your annual benefit!
8. All mammograms at Radiology Associates of Hartford are interpreted by physicians certified by the American College of Radiology.
7. Breast Cancer affects 1 in 8 eight women in the United States. In Connecticut, breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in women. One mammogram at a time, RAH believes early detection, annual exams and high quality mammography will help us lower these statistics.
6. Mammograms are mildly uncomfortable. Don’t listen to those rumors that mammograms are painful. The study is so fast, any degree of discomfort is less than walking around in those high heels you wear!
5. Mammograms are a low radiation dose exam. RAH uses Hologic Selenia C-View technology to further decrease the radiation dose to our patients. One annual screening will not damage your health.
4. Be a role model. Be the leader among your sisters, daughters and friends showing them how easy the test is, you are brave and committed to your good health.
3. Two of RAH’s four centers have earned the American College of Radiology, Breast Center of Excellence Certification. In Enfield and Glastonbury, our centers offer all breast services allowing us to earn this recognition. Our Bloomfield and Avon Centers are accredited by the American College of Radiology in mammography and ultrasound.
2. RAH has taken protective measures to ensure a safe visit. You will be greeted at our door by our Waiting Room Coordinator team. Screening patients for Covid symptoms, checking your temperature, cleaning our waiting room, providing you a mask if needed, our team is committed to getting you in and out of waiting room as quickly as possible. Greeted by your technologist, be assured our equipment is thoroughly cleaned before and after every patient.
1. Scheduling your mammogram couldn’t be easier. Visit www.bookmymammo.com to schedule your mammogram today.